"...Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth." V, from V for Vendetta (film)

Monday 23 January 2012

RawrBunnies

It started with a low light, 
Next thing I knew they ripped me from my bed,
And then they took my blood type, 
It left a strange impression in my head,


You know that I was hoping
To leave this star crossed world behind, 
But when they cut me open,
I guess that changed my mind


And you know, I might,
Have just flown too far from the floor, this time
Cause they're calling my name, 


And they're zipping white light beams, 
Disregarding bombs and satellites,
And that was the turning point,
That was one lonely night.


The songmaker says it ain't so bad, 
The dreammaker's gonna make you mad,
The spaceman says 'Everybody look down,
'It's all in your head'




That's been running through my head non stop since last Monday. It's Spaceman, by The Killers. Brilliant song. :) Brilliant lyrics, beautifully sung, excellent accompaniments. What more could you want?

I received four of my mocks results today. They weren't that bad- 3 As and 1 A* - it's a good start, I suppose. But... Perhaps it's not quite good enough for my parents, Asians that they are. :)
Tomorrow, I think we'll be getting English back. I'm quite nervous for that, because I fell asleep in the English Language mock and as a result, missed a ten marker, which is absolutely awful, and will probably drastically hinder my score and cause me to lose any chances of an A*, which is dreadfully depressing - because English really ought to be my best subject. :/ Oh dear. Guess I'll learn to get a bit more sleep next time. :P
Ciao now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment